Fibre: the natural way to good health – a Business Day BDlive article
“An apple is an extra 5g of fibre a day”
Eating fruits and veggies is a great way to increase fibre intake each and every day – how?
- Keep the peels on your apples
- Add a fruit to your breakfast to start the day off well
- Smoothies are a great way to get your fruit (and veggies) in. And unlike juicing, the fibre content isn’t lost
- Cook or steam your veggies until tender so that they retain some of the fibre content
- Add veggies to soups and stews
Here’s a quick and interesting read on the health benefits of fibre by Deena Shanker in Business Day Live. Read the full article here.